Studio 104’s Essential Sizing & Fitting Manual Launches
he ‘Essential Sizing & Fitting Manual’ is given to clients as their new uniform project begins. Our aim is to ensure client’s staff are measured accurately and that their body measurements are converted to the best possible garment size when placing the production order.
If the manual is followed, the result will be a reduced final top-up order required after the staff fit day. Every project necessitates a top-up order. The manual provides direction on how to limit the scale of any top-up order, keeping additional costs and/or time delays to a minimum.
Reasons why a top-up order will be required:
- Staff Sizes Changing - The length of time between staff measurements taken and the final fit day can range from 4 months (104 Collection) to 9 months (Bespoke Projects), therefore on occasion some staff sizes will fluctuate due to weight gain or loss.
- Inaccurate Sizing - Staff can be measured inaccurately if not following this manual.
- Fit Preference - Staff will have a fit they prefer when trying on garments, this could be either a slimmer or a more relaxed fit, leading to the staff member being sized up or down on the fit day.
- Atypical Posture - For some staff their posture can involve a size adjustment, for example those with a pronounced stoop.
- Staff Turnaround - As the project can last up to 9 months, there is a chance that staff will leave and new staff join during this period.
It is important for our client’s to understand that the sizing and fitting process isn’t an exact science. Though Studio 104 is a bespoke uniform supplier, what the company terms as bespoke is solely with respect to the uniform designs and fabrics. To clarify, the garments are produced to standard sizes, and then altered to fit if required.
We request the measuring of your staff to create a more accurate size range and quantity for uniform production purposes, not so that each staff member will receive uniform that exactly matches their unique body shape, as per a made-to-measure suit.
The sizing and fitting process is split into 3 phases taking the client’s project from start to finish.
Phase 1 - Project kicks off with the client agreeing their internal Uniform Ambassador(s), who will run the project internally and be the key liaison for Studio 104. The ambassador receives the ‘Essential Sizing & Fitting Manual’, completes the measuring of the company staff, converts body measurements to garment sizes, and prepares a stock order with Studio 104 for final sign off.
Phase 2 - The stock order goes into production and fit days are agreed on completion of the uniform production. A schedule is provided to ensure the smooth running of fit days, with each staff member receiving a time slot.
Phase 3 - This final phase centres around the fit days. The production stock and Studio 104 fit team arrive at client location to fit staff with their new uniform, alongside the ambassador. Once complete any alterations are carried out and the top-up order is placed and manufactured.
For further information regarding the ‘Essential Sizing & Fitting Manual’, please contact our new business team at firstname.lastname@example.org